Liability is limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
James works predominantly in the dispute resolution and insolvency practice group at Access Law Group. At other times he works in the general commercial group.
James practices in the areas of commercial dispute resolution and more generally, commercial law. Examples of his experience include:
- General commercial disputes and advice
- Contract disputes and general contract advice
- Advising and representing trustees appointed to companies in liquidation
- Advice in relation to liquidation, voluntary administration and restructuring
- Disputes between employees and company officers and their company
- Commercial transactions including service agreements, license agreements and leases
- Advice to directors, shareholders and employees in relation to their rights and responsibilities
- Debt recovery matters
- Building disputes
- Asset protection
James graduated in July 2008 from the University of Wollongong. He completed:
- Bachelor of Arts (French)
- Bachelor of Laws with first class honours
James then graduated in December 2008 with a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the University of Wollongong.
James was awarded various academic awards and consistently appeared on the Dean’s Merit List for outstanding academic achievement.
James joined the firm in August 2008. He performed various lawyers’ duties in his capacity as a Law Clerk until his date of admission in February 2009. After this time he took over the title of lawyer. In March 2009 James left Access Business Lawyers to relocate to Europe and be closer to his wife’s family. During his time in Europe, he worked as a legal contractor in major London firms such as Clifford Chance, Freshfields and Stephenson Harwood. In December 2010 James returned to Wollongong and in January 2011, rejoined Access Law Group.
During James’ career both in Wollongong and overseas, James has gained valuable dispute resolution experience. James’ expertise involves litigation strategy, finance disputes, building disputes, industrial relations and employment disputes, receivership applications, contract disputes and debt recovery proceedings. James was made an Associate of the firm in July 2012.
Law Society of New South Wales.
Personal Assistant: Jodi Ellis - email@example.com