Head of Commercial; Property Wills & Estates; and Family Law Teams.
Tom brings to the firm a wealth of Commercial and Employment Law experience.
- Diploma of Law (SAB) 1994
- Accredited Specialist in Business Law 2007
Admission to Practice
May 1994, Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia
Examples of matters in which Tom has acted are:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements, relating to the sale and use of businesses, property and intellectual property, especially Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Advising both organisations and individuals in relation to employment contracts and conducting employment related litigation in various jurisdictions
- Commercial litigation relating to shareholder disputes, partner disputes, contract disputes and failing businesses
- Issues arising from the investigation and possible prosecution of persons arising from ACCC, WorkCover, local government and environmental agencies
- Advising Directors and Shareholders concerning rights and obligations
- Advising parties on joint venture arrangements and projects generally
- Environment and Planning Litigation
Although his practice is broadly-based Commercial Law practice, Tom’s particular expertise lies in the areas of:
- Commercial transactions including joint venture arrangements, distribution and service agreements
- Advising directors and shareholders in relation to their rights and responsibilities
- Preparation of shareholder agreements
- Advising in relation to the dissolution of businesses and investment estates
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds, establishment of funds, compliance and amendments
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds Property/Asset Transactions and associated document preparation
- Family Law in particular complex structure and issues in property settlements for separated couples
- Licence agreements for the use of intellectual property
- Asset protection and advice to directors and shareholders
- Employment law, including preparation of employment contracts and Enterprise Agreements
- General contract advice
- Advice in relation to workplace health and safety, in particular – coal mines and heavy industry
- Environment and Planning Law
Tom was admitted in May 1994. Tom has over 20 years experience working in senior positions in Wollongong law firms and, for a 2 year period as a Corporate Lawyer in Sydney. He joined Access Law Group in 2004.
Tom continues to also provide strong advocacy in Family Law matters and his skill set is widely sought after. He is often referred complex matters from other lawyers.
Tom gained extensive experience in litigation particularly in the area of employment law and then developed a practice which provided commercial advice to various companies having a local and international presence.
Law Society of New South Wales, Accredited Specialist Business Law, Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia, The Illawarra Connection, Illawarra Business Chamber, Safety Institute of Australia.
Tom has addressed conferences in areas of Business Risk, Employment Law, Occupational Health and Safety and Contract Management.